Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day One

On Sunday night at exactly 12AM I deleted my Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest app's off of my phone for my Week of Living Project. I was ashamed by how sad and difficult it was for me to delete the app's even for just one week. On Monday I repeatedly swiped my phones screen instinctively  and was far too disappointed when I remembered that I no longer had any social media apps. I was so disappointed in myself when I realized how often I must have checked these apps based on how many times I accidentally checked for them. I found myself with an abundance of free-time which lead me to reading the newspaper, getting my homework done earlier than usual, actually responding to my friends texts, and unfortunately wonder what I was missing on social media. I didn't realize how much willpower this would take but I am definitely struggle and I find it really sad that I'm struggling with such a seemingly simple task.

No comments:

Post a Comment