Friday, May 23, 2014

Day Three

On my third day I became a bit more accustomed to life without social media. I still had to endure some awkward moments that I would usually fill with some time on Twitter or Snapchat however, I no longer have withdrawals from my social media app's and check to see if they are there. It's sad that it taken me this long to adjust. I got so bored at one point that I attempted to strike up a conversation with my mother over texting. I sent her five texts in a row and she responded with "Ok."….. I was clearly becoming desperate. I never realized quite how often I was wasting my time on social media until doing this project. I must have started becoming obsessed with social media within the past two years because the summer between my sophomore and junior year I went on Teens Westward Bound and had no issue without my phone or the internet. It's definitely opened my eyes. I need to calm down and get off of social media more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment