Thursday, May 22, 2014
Day Two
I wasn't quite sure whether I could struggle any more than I did the first day of living without Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, or Pinterest. However, I once again surprised myself. I realized on this day that I have almost a perfect routine, when it comes to my social media schedule. At the end of every class when the teacher was done I sat there not sure what to do with myself because usually I would be scrolling through either Twitter or Instagram. Whenever I was in one of these situations I would try to talk to some of the people around, when I found that everyone else was on their own social media websites. A few people even seemed shocked by my attentiveness. This definitely made me reevaluate myself. I always scoffed and shrugged off comments on how social media is destroying our generation's social skills but now I have never agreed with something more. I felt uncomfortable in social situations that I should not feel uncomfortable in and one's that you should have to learn to cope with to function socially in society.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment